The Inbound Warehouse Supervisor (Micro, Packaging & Spares) is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Inbound Logistics section that handles micro, packaging & spares inventory to support Flour, Feeds and other divisions’ operational requirements. Responsible for the overall inventory management, warehouse management & SAP transactions related to this section under the Inbound Logistics Department.
- Ensures that all inventory transactions are posted real-time & accurate in the ERP system.
- In-charge in the timely submission of reports relating to the management of the inventory module in the ERP system (inventory accuracy, clean-up of open transactions, etc.)
- Leads the team in the proper execution of the scheduled physical inventory count & guarantees the accuracy & timeliness of variance report & endorsement.
- Conducts root cause analysis & implements action plans to address the inventory variances.
- Ensures proper implementation of the SOPs, business rules, guidelines & work instructions related to inventory management.
- Troubleshoots issues related to inventory management and escalates any unresolved issues to the proper authority or department.
- Ensures proper documentation for all material movements both in physical & system transactions.
- Overall management of warehouse & other storage areas for micro, packaging & spares materials under the responsibility of the Inbound Logistics team.
- Monitors the capacity utilization of warehouse & ensures that the accommodation of deliveries & timeliness of unloading is within the set standard & targets.
- Guarantees that incoming deliveries via local trucks, container vans & vessels will not age in the parking area, CY & port beyond the set threshold.
- Ensures that raw material in the warehouse & other storage areas are properly labeled and identified especially for batch-managed items..
- Establishes the put-away & picking strategies in the warehouse and monitors its proper execution. Addresses the concerns relating to the receiving, storage, transfers & issuance of materials to production and other requesting departments.
- Manage the implementation of pest control programs in the warehouse & make sure that infestation issues are taken cared of in a timely manner.
- Spearheads the management of RPM & materials for disposal in the warehouse and assures that these materials are handled, communicated & elevated/disposed appropriately.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the material-handling equipment and ensures compliance to the set standards.
- Plans and coordinates the activities of the Inbound Logistics Team to support the operations teams and other stakeholders.
- Manages inventory risks and ensures that contingency plans are in place.
- Develop and implement flexible solutions to aid operational efficiency, drive process improvements and add value.
- Seeks and recommends solutions to overcome issues arising in order to meet production requirements and address operational risks.
- Establish and update standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as required and controls to obtain and maintain efficient and effective process management.
- Ensure operational information, reports and metrics are available to share with others in the business as required.
- Monitor and provide reports on the achievement of targets and activity updates to management.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and programs.
- Validates & files billings related to Inbound Logistics activities & operational costs.
- Manage, coach and develop the team that meets the agreed objectives; which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements;
- Establishes a healthy & enabling working environment to bring out the best of his/her team’s performance.
- Conducts regular communication with his/her team members and provides real-time feedback on their performance to ensure his/her engagement & growth in the organization;
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Manages the working schedule of team members.
- Ensures execution of quality, Halal, health and food safety policy, standards and regulations within the team.
- Responsible for reporting problems related to Halal, food safety & quality management system to identified authorities.
- Actively participate in all company programs and activities under quality improvement, safety & security, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, risk management etc.
- Performs other tasks related to the job as may be assigned by the team leader.