The WordPress Developer helps maintain and extend the functionality of both the corporate WordPress multisite and the global WordPress intranet.
This is a technical position that incorporates modifying templates, styles, functionality and plugins on production, staging and development environments as well as developing functional, accessible, secure mobile-friendly solutions that meet evolving business needs.
This position requires the skills to develop user-centered functionality for new projects as well as refining or further customizing existing backend code.
Must be able to work independently yet collaboratively with design and content strategy.
- Consistently create and deliver well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including responsive site design and WCAG accessibility standards.
- Maintain and manage several WordPress websites, serving as the technical liaison to a managed WordPress host.
- Maintain and manage our global employee intranet in Azure and
- Write secure code and respond quickly to security issues that may
- Comfortable working in staging and live
- Translate communication or design requests into high-quality and high-performing
- Oversee troubleshooting, QA and technical issues on department-managed
- Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and can turn a request for desired functionality into a smart solution that is helpful to users.
- Collaborate with designers to match visual intent and create intuitive user
- Proactively recognize problems, recommend, and develop creative
- Create and maintain technical
- Maintain and update an existing UI