The primary responsibility of the Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor is to execute food safety programs at slaughter and meat cutting plants, which include daily pre-operation inspections, quality checks, food safety training, GMP & SSOP completion, HACCP coordination, monitoring & verification of CCPs. The QA Supervisor also ensures that the meat products, processes and services meet the desired quality levels at all times.
Quality Assurance on Meat Operations
- Oversees, develops, implements and maintains all food safety related strategies, policies and procedures.
- Maintains open communication with all related departments to address the identification of food safety hazards and process improvement opportunities.
- Works with Operations team and verifies TMM processes, related to food safety, in ensuring strict compliance with applicable food safety (5S, GMP, HACCP, and ISO) and regulatory requirements (NMIS, FDA, BAI, BPI, BFAR, LGUs).
- Manages HACCP Plan and pre-requisite programs.
- Performs HACCP monitoring to include but not limited to – concentration of chlorinated water solution monitoring, product monitoring (Microbiological and Physical standards), temperature monitoring, environmental monitoring and metal detection, and the sanitation program.
- Ensures that the QA Training Program is strictly implemented and well comprehended by all QA team members.
- Implements the document management system in collecting, maintaining and updating of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), policies and templates for all Food Safety related records.
- Conducts traceability for product complaints and/or recall process to ensure timely communication, execution and completion of related documentation within the set standards for Customer Complaints and Product Recall.
- Ensures that Good Laboratory Practices and the Quality Assurance Systems in the Meat Laboratory are strictly implemented and are in place at all times.
- Prepares the Calibration Program and ensures all QA equipment (Operations and Laboratory) strictly follows the program.
- Prepares and ensures the strict implementation of the Sampling Plan.
- Performs microbiological and physical-chemical tests of raw materials, finished products and environmental tests of all food safety related equipment and facilities through rapid tests and conventional methods to determine product quality and perform the necessary controls when there is non-conformance/s.
- Ensures the proper and strict implementation of the meat product hold and release programs by ensuring product is not released without prior approval and documentation.
- Reports quality issues, and trains the QA team in QA procedures.
- Assist in customers and NMIS audits, customer complaint resolutions and takes appropriate action promptly.
- Establish and monitor QA team schedules, performance and developmental goals, assign accountabilities and set objectives
- Creates and updates existing QA monitoring forms as well as Quality Assurance (Operations and Laboratory) procedures as stated in the Quality Manual.
- Performs and submits monthly reports on all QA-related tasks.
- Monitors and reports all QA financials and ensures expenses are below or within the approved budgeted amount.
- Monitors and coordinates with the Service Providers on Cleaning and Sanitation and Pest Control in ensuring that proper cleaning, sanitation, and pest control activities are strictly implemented and reports to the immediate Team Leader their performances and escalates when deviation occurs.
- The Quality Assurance Supervisor assumes an active role in the QA Meats Training Program both as mentor and technical resourcehttp://file:///C:/Users/JPLacson/Downloads/Meats%20QA%20Supervisor%202023.docx.pdf
- The Quality Assurance Supervisor actively participates in all company programs on quality improvement, safety & security, sustainability, corporate social responsibility and risk management.